Monday, April 16, 2012

Stuck On U Sketches





Below is the layout I submitted for the sketch challenge above at Stuck On U Sketches. This challenge began April 13th and runs for two weeks. My layout is titled "She's got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories." For those of you thinking that this title might, or maybe just sound a little familiar. Well, it's a song verse from Guns N' Roses- Sweet Child O' Mine. I just love using song lyrics for titles.
Anyhoo, I used the Swirlydoos kit "Whispers of Spring" to create this layout. It's a picture of my niece Mia, little girls are just so wonderful to snap photos of and scrap.

This is a close up of my flower that I made using TH's tattered floral die. I then spritzed with some TA chalk ink and smooch spritz in ginger ale. I crumbled the flower in my hand while wet to give the flower some dimension. Once dry, I inked the petals with some brown chalk ink.

Here's a close up of some of the title. I also did a little bit of hand stitching here.

I used the following chipboard DA0568 peacock feather on this layout. I colored it with acrylic paint in pearl/snowcap. Added some shimmerz paint pink, and smooched with ginger-ale. I also inked the edges with chalk ink.  Then I covered it all with glossy accents to give it some shine.
  

I covered the back of the chipboard with feathers from petaloo premier pack in cream. 

And the title again

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch! Love your flower and feather!Thanks for playing along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous take on the sketch! I love what you did with the DA chippie, and your title work is awesome! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Erica .. I saw this over at Sdoos but did not realize at the time it was using our sketch. Love what you've done with the peacock feather. I have never used that and it looks awesome here! Gorgeous details! Hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH dang!
    This is crazy cool!
    I just love this...what a super treat to get to come by!
    I adore the detail choices you've added and the great
    photo!
    Your blog is all around super cute!

    Please Please Please join us again! =0)

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous take on the sketch .. gorgeous details
    thanx for playing on SOUS X:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! One of my favorite songs and I actually sang it as I read it..LOL This layout is amazing and I absolutely love love love your hand made flower.. I adore your take on our sketch..
    thnx so much for playing along with us girls over at sous and hope you join us again soon..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout!!! Love the handmade flower and the peacock feathers!!! You're right, little girls are so fun to photo and to scrap!!! Thanks for joining us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimmmmmiiiiiiii hiiiiiii :)

    hehe..ok this is just gorgoeus girl, you rocked that sketch!

    ReplyDelete