Monday, April 2, 2012

Swirlydoos Swirly Girls Challenge "Lets Hear it for the Boy"

This is a layout I submitted at Swirlydoos titled "You are the gears to my heart". This is a pic of my wonderful and loving husband, Bob. The challenge was to create a layout of the man/men/son's in our lives and to make it look like a manly man layout. So this is what I submitted using the kit of the month from Swirlydoos called "French Quarter".  The papers are gorgeous, they are from Glitz's French Kiss line, and they are so wonderfully versatile.




Here is another picture with a more detailed view. I used photoshop to make the picture look more vintage to fit the papers. The two large flowers I handmade using Natasha Naranjo Aguirre's  cabbage rose tutorial. I inked the edges with chalk ink and spritzed with TA Abominable Snowman for added shimmer. The other flowers are from Petaloo and Kaiser mini blooms which were included in our kit.



My corner chippy is DA from the Leafy Frame Set DA0605. I painted it with acrylic paint, then glazed with rock candy crackle paint. Once dried, I spritzed it with some Orchard Silver starburst spray from Lindy's Stamp Gang.


Another upclose view of the cabbage rose.


The gears are Donna Salazar's Sprightly Sprockets Spellbinder Die. I gesso'd some paper, stamp embossed and spritzed with some orchard silver starburst spray. When the paper dried completely, I then cut the sprightly sprocket gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment