Saturday, February 23, 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Team Challenge Finally

This is it everyone, the last week and the finally of this awesome learning experience! Wow! Six weeks of challenges over at Swirlydoos.  And each week we got to create a project using a different technique.

This final week we had to not only follow the sketch provided to us, but..but..apply layering, distressing, use of different mediums, and an additional technique of our choice.

Below are pictures with closeups of my layout:

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten.

This is a pic of me in both color and in black and grey. 
I used papers from one of the past Swirlydoos kits. I also did some hand stitching with embossing and distressing.  


Here's a closeup of the layering and distressing. You can also see on the right I did some stamp embossing using embossing powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang. On the left I just stamped with distress ink the image to the paper.  


Here's a closeup of the leaf stencil used with light modeling paste. 


This is a closeup of the DA chippy which was painted with GM spray and stamped with acrylic paint. I also added some chalk ink to the edges. Oh and some pearls.  


This is a closeup of the stitching, bling, stencil and glimmer mist. 

I made this flower using the flower cabbage tutorial on Natasha Naranjo Aguirre's blog. 

Here you can see the stamp embossing and also the modeling paste. 

Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

  1. love the close up pics - they bring out a lot of wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete