Saturday, February 9, 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Team Challenge

For the SOUS Blog Hop Winner of my prize package, please click here or scroll down. 


We're on to week 4, and boy have these ladies stepped up to the plate! It's nerve wrecking and exciting at the same time.  I am honored and humbled to still be in it to win it.. over at Swirlydoos.   And like I said before, if I don't make it past this week's elimination it's all good. I've learned so much and have been very inspired by all the ladies.

So with that said, this weeks challenge is to use a canvas to create our project..EEEKK. It's been a long time since I've played with my canvases.

Here is my entry with details:


Titled: Wearing her invisible crown

It has been a long time that I've used a pic of myself.. I just don't like for people to take photo's of me.  Silly right? Anyways here's a list of the products I used on this canvas. 
I used many different types of art mediums to include: liquitex glass beads, gesso in black white and clear, glimmer mist in both spanish moss and bell bottom jeans, silks acrylic glaze in ice, luminarte bolivian blue, and acrylic paint in snow cap.



This is a closeup of the diamond mask I used from The Crafters Workshop. I used the glass beads which I let dry then painted with glaze in ice color and also some white gesso. This corner is also painted in the luminarte bolivian blue, adds great shimmer. 


Underneath everything, I did use some tissue paper with music notes on it but since I've added so much you can barely see it now. 


Here's another closeup of the DA chippy and the glass beads diamond pattern. 


This corner is spritzed with spanish moss glimmer mist and painted with snow cap acrylic paint, to give it a lighter shade of blue. 

Thanks for looking! 


No comments:

Post a Comment